How excited are you that it's Friday?! We have some fun things planned for the weekend and I'm thrilled just to be home with my girls and Josh. Last weekend was crazy. I got home after midnight, two nights in a row and didn't get nearly enough family time. AND I still need to watch the first two episodes of Grey's Anatomy and convince Josh to sign up for Hulu so that I can watch Scandal! Okay, here's what we were up to this week...
1. You know all about the concert now, but what you don't know is that I rode down to Tuscaloosa on Saturday for the Alabama/Ole Miss game. Josh had taken the girls with him to a friend's house so I could get some housework done and then I was going to join them later in the afternoon to watch the game. They weren't gone ten minutes when my friend, Leila, called with free tickets to the game. I sent Josh a text that said, "What are the chances you divorce me if I head to T-town for the game today?!" He was a good sport and I had the house clean in under an hour and was en route to Bryant-Denny by 2 o'clock. We had great seats and a great time cheering on the Tide. We agreed that football season could "officially" start now that we've been to a game!
2. Halloween Costumes. Sophie decided months ago that she wanted to be the Warner sister Dot from Animaniacs (known at our house as Zany to the Max) for Halloween. She is obsessed with watching it on television and I knew a handmade costume would be adorable. Over the weekend we were discussing it again and she said she really wanted to be the girl pirate Izzie from Jake & the Neverland Pirates but she just KNEW that mommy couldn't make pixie dust. Ummm, I beg to differ. I'm still going the handmade route and it won't be nearly as cute as Dot, but I'm trying to relax my death-grip on the over-the-top adorable costume of my dreams and let her choose. She's been saying "pixie dust away!" ever since.
3. Babies. I am not even kidding you when I say that every person I know (in real life and in blog land) either just had a baby, just found out they were pregnant or are trying to get pregnant. I am surrounded. Back before we had kids we thought we wanted five. We decided after Bells was born that three sounded like a great number. Then we met Taz. I think you know where this is going. I'm gonna be selfish for half a second and say I'm glad to finally have my body back after 5 long years of pregnancy-related stuff (fertility meds, pregnancy, miscarriage, etc.) and I really love our family dynamic right now. There are days when I dream about another little one (especially when Josh randomly picks out a cute name), but other days that even thinking about it terrifies me. I'm like 95.5% sure we are done, but you have to leave a little wiggle room for God. I sure hope you can't get pregnant by osmosis!!
4. Remember this giveaway? There are still a few more days to comment for a chance to win this bag (or another cute backpack, lunchbox, doggie leash, iPad cover or accessory of your choice) from YakPak. If you don't need it for yourself, register for your child or friend or your friend's child. The quality is exceptional and there are tons of fun patterns to choose from. The giveaway closes at 8 o'clock CST on Sunday night.
5. Today is our high-school's Homecoming. It is always such a fun week for our town and, of course, Friday is the best part. The girls stayed home from school today (homecoming check-out is the WORST) and will be riding in the parade this afternoon with their bigger cousins. We have an alumni tail-gate at 5 o'clock and then game festivities at 7. We always dress up in our black & gold and nothing beats a concession stand dinner! Small town Fridays are always fun and when you can walk to the stadium (and home when the tantrums start) from your house, it's pretty much perfect.
here we are at the tailgate last September
Wanna see what we were up to earlier this year?
Click the link(s) below to see more daily photos / 5 on Fridays!
Week 41 * Week 42 * Week 43 * Week 44
Week 45 * Week 46 * Week 47 * Week 48
Week 49 * Week 50 * Week 51 * Week 52