Y'all know I love a good challenge, so when Tara decided to host a fall fitness challenge, I jumped right in! She blogs over at Mommy Head Adventures. We are insta-friends and were in a Beachbody challenge group together over the summer, but what I love about her is that she runs. She's been training for a half-marathon over the summer and I've really enjoyed watching her go. It got me super excited for my own training, which started on Tuesday. She and her friend Katie are going to host a weekly link-up on Wednesday nights to share progress on your current fitness goals. All they're asking you to do is workout 3 or 4 times a week for at least 30 minutes and visit other bloggers participating in the challenge to offer support and encouragement. So fun, right?
My goals aren't going to look much different than they usually do, but since it's training season, I'll be working a lot harder to commit! Here we go:
- I want to run fifteen or more miles each week and take a "foot photo" for every single run. I've loved looking back through these photos (#kristinruns on Instagram) and seeing where all I was running, who I was listening to and what I was thinking.
- I want to run at least forty-eight miles in October, which shouldn't be hard at all if I stick with goal number one! I haven't hit a monthly challenge since June and I'm ready to get back into my routine.
- I want to practice hot yoga or do some other form of cross-training twice a week.
- I'm not really tweaking my diet, since I've figured out what works best for me. I AM greatly limiting my eating out (for budgetary & health reasons) and we've sworn off most fast food excursions. I do need to rein in my Dr. Pepper splurges just a bit and drink 100 ounces of water a day.
- I didn't do great with my breakfast shakes in September and I have three unopened boxes in the pantry. Yikes. I wish I had started this on Tuesday, but starting TODAY I'm going to commit to a shake-a-day in October. Wanna join me? I'm going to hashtag #shakeadayoctober every day that I have a chocolate shake for breakfast!
Wanna join in #workoutthisfall? Visit Tara or Katie and join the link today, then hashtag all your photos on Instagram & Twitter this week!